Summer, summer, summertime. I love the summertime. Sunbathing on my balcony is one of my favorite summer’s activities. However, Human says that it is vital to keep myself cool and healthy during the summer.
Having access to safe, fresh drinking water 24/7 is a MUST to stay hydrated. Of course, summertime is extra fun and yummy when Human makes some do-it-yourself frozen tuna cubes to help cool myself down. Here is how to make frozen tuna cubes for your cat’s summer treats:
What human needs:
- A can of tuna, similar to Wild Planet Wild Skipjack Light Tuna
- An ice cube tray, similar to OXO Good Grips No-Spill Ice Cube Tray
- Some tap water
- A mixing bowl
- Spoon and fork
What human needs to do:
1. Put everything you need ready on the counter or the table.
2. Then open the can of tuna.
3. Put the tuna in the mixing bowl, pour some tap water into the bowl and start to mix.
4. Start to fill the ice cube tray with the mix evenly.
Note that at this point your cat is going to be crazy and tries to steal some of the tuna. So, make sure that you give her a small amount of the tuna.
I mean, this CRAZY! 🙂
5. Pour some more tap water into the ice cube try to let it freeze nicely.
6. Put the ice cube try in the fridge and let it freeze for a minimum of 6 hours.
Serve 1 – 2 of the frozen tuna cubes per day to your cat and let her enjoy the summertime like I do. Have a warm and yet “cool” summertime and let us hear about your own do-it-yourself frozen tuna cubes in the comment section below. Don’t forget to check out my YouTube video about me enjoying my frozen tuna tubes 🙂
Bonus tips from Human:
- Click here to order Wild Planet Wild Skipjack Light Tuna from Amazon.com
- Click here to order OXO Good Grips No-Spill Ice Cube Tray from Amazon.com