One week after I turned 3-month-old, Human and I went to the vet for my second vaccination. Right after my vaccination, the vet advised Human to use a monthly “commercial” flea prevention & treatment for cats.
When we got home, Human applied it on me. It worked fine but Human complained about its strong and potent chemical smell. Human asked me if I was fine with the smell because she wasn’t. Well, I wasn’t but I didn’t know how to show it.
One month later, after applying the second treatment on me, Human complained about being nauseous due to the same chemical smell. Then Human said to me loud and clear, “I swear to God that those flea prevention & treatment sh*ts would kill not only the fleas but also us in the end!”
“We are going to look for some non-chemical smelling flea prevention & treatments for you. Green and natural ones preferably, please!” Human added.
So, Human and I started to search for more information about the green and natural flea prevention & treatment alternatives for cats on the internet. Fortunately, we had found lots of those natural alternatives.
We have decided that an equal dilution (using 1:1 ratio) between Apple Cider Vinegar and (plain) warm water is the best alternative for both me and her. It is, not only it smells fine but it is also yummy when I lick on it.
Before we get started with the simple tutorial on how to make natural flea and tick spray for cats (and dogs), let us remind you that Apple Cider Vinegar should never be fed to a pet that is sensitive or allergic to yeast.
Apart from that, these are several benefits of diluted Apple Cider Vinegar aka ACV for your cats or dogs:
- ACV can be used as a natural remedie to prevent and fight fleas and ticks
- ACV can be used as a daily health supplement
- ACV can be used as an ear treatment
- AVC can be used as a relief for various skin problems
Now, lets get started!
What human needs:
- 250 ml of Apple Cider Vinegar similar to Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Organic Raw.
- 250 ml of (plain) warm water.
- 1 x spray bottle similar to 24-Ounce Durable Reusable Spray Bottles.
How human does it:
- Check if the spray bottle is really clean
- Pour the 250 ml (about 8.5 oz) Apple Cider Vinegar into the spray bottle
- Pour the 250 ml (about 8.5 oz) warm water into the spray bottle
- Shake the spray bottle throughly
Now, you are finished and the spray is ready to be used. So, good luck spraying it on both your cats and dogs 🙂 At first, Human had to run after me in attempt to spray it on me. However, once I realized that it was yummy, then I was absolutely fine being sprayed with it.
Additionally, you can paste a sticker on the spray bottle with some texts like “Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV + Water” to separate it from other spray bottles you might have. But you can also use a color indication like Human does. For instance, our spray bottle with the red head means our AVC+Water.
How about you? Would you prefer using a natural or commercial flea prevention & treatment? Let us in the comment section below. Thank you!
Bonus tips from Human:
- Click here to order Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Organic Raw from Amazon.com.
- Click here to order 24-Ounce Durable Reusable Spray Bottles from Amazon.com.